Our Animal Rescue Team found dozens of emaciated dogs and cats on the property, including some who were sick. Photo by Kevin Wolf/AP Images for the HSUS
On the outside, it appeared to be a well-maintained property in Jones County, Mississippi, with several buildings, a neatly mowed lawn and pine trees scattered around 161 sprawling acres of land. But what our Animal Rescue Team and local law enforcement officials from the Jones . . .
The post Breaking: Nearly 100 dogs, cats rescued from large-scale cruelty situation in Mississippi appeared first on A Humane Nation.
- In West Virginia, a suspected puppy mill closes and most dogs, cats find homes – Enclosure
- In West Virginia, a suspected puppy mill closes and most dogs, cats find homes
- At White House meeting, breeders and other stakeholders agree on need for puppy mill reforms
dollar bill ice cream cone hand cc 1000×523.jpg
Splashed across the Ben & Jerry’s website are cartoon-like pictures of happy cows romping in green pastures. There’s a reason those cows are depicted by drawings, not …Read more
We assisted the Randolph County team with removing all of the animals from the puppy mill, as well as most of the dogs and cats from the shelter. Above, HSUS Director of Outreach and Research for the puppy mills campaign Kathleen Summers (left) with Animal Crimes Manager Shalimar Hightower and two of the rescued dogs. Photo by Meredith Lee/The HSUS
The work we do every day requires us to be flexible and pivot at a moment’s notice when challenges arise, and thanks to our in-house experts and our vast network of partners, we are able to ensure the best outcomes for animals. Nothing highlights this . . .
The post In West Virginia, a suspected puppy mill closes and most dogs, cats find homes appeared first on A Humane Nation.
- Breaking news: Ohio governor signs landmark anti-puppy-mill law
- Breaking news: Ohio governor signs landmark anti-puppy-mill law – Enclosure
- Speak out to stop breed-specific discrimination
Rome, 9 July 2018 – The release today of the latest global assessment of fishing by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is cause for great concern. The report shows that the percentage of fisheries classified as overfished…Read more