The Organic Consumers Association (OCA) today filed suit against Vermont-based Ben & Jerry’s Homemade, Inc., for deceptive labeling, marketing and sale of Unilever’s Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream products. The suit was filed in D.C. Superior Court un…Read more
It was particularly helpful to have the dog breeders tell the USDA directly that they support higher standards for commercial breeders, busting the agency’s perception that all breeders are against reform. Photo by Amie Chou/The HSUS
The Humane Society of the United States fights puppy mills on many fronts, from working with local law enforcement to rescue animals in puppy mills to urging state and federal lawmakers and federal agencies to create and improve laws that protect animals in such facilities. . . .
The post At White House meeting, breeders and other stakeholders agree on need for puppy mill reforms appeared first on A Humane Nation.
- At White House meeting, breeders and other stakeholders agree on need for puppy mill reforms – Enclosure
- In West Virginia, a suspected puppy mill closes and most dogs, cats find homes – Enclosure
- In West Virginia, a suspected puppy mill closes and most dogs, cats find homes
In their announcement of the policy change, Delta failed to define how they will be identifying pit bulls, which is important because the term “pit bull” isn’t actually a breed, but rather a type of dog — one that is very often misidentified. Photo by iStockphoto
Last week, Delta Airlines announced it would ban pit-bull-type dogs from flying in the cabin as service and assistance animals. In doing so, the airline is overlooking the fact that there is no evidence that a particular breed of dog bites more than another. And . . .
- Speak out to stop breed-specific discrimination – Enclosure
- HSI brings food, medical help to starving, hurt animals in volcano-hit Guatemala
- HSI brings food, medical help to starving, hurt animals in volcano-hit Guatemala – Enclosure