11 September, 2018 – Biofuels are no easy answer to climate change. Nor is storing captured carbon dioxide. The world’s great forests cut warming better than engineered solutions can.Read more
As Hurricane Florence barrels toward the Carolinas and Virginia, our HSUS Animal Rescue Team is in full response mode, coordinating efforts with partners to empty shelters in the path of the storm and facilitating the transport of animals to safety. Photo by Kevin Wolf / AP images for the HSUS
As severe weather events have become more frequent and more destructive in recent years, our Animal Rescue Teams at the Humane Society of the United States and Humane Society International have not merely expanded but also learned to pivot swiftly to respond to crisis situations. . . .
The post As Hurricane Florence barrels toward East Coast, HSUS Animal Rescue Team moves to keep animals safe appeared first on A Humane Nation.
- As Hurricane Florence barrels toward East Coast, HSUS Animal Rescue Team moves to keep animals safe – Enclosure
- HSI reunites pets with families, distributes much-needed supplies in flood-ravaged Indian state of Kerala
- HSI reunites pets with families, distributes much-needed supplies in flood-ravaged Indian state of Kerala – Enclosure
roundup glyphosate herbicide shelf cc 1200×630.jpg
First, let’s say a big, collective “Thank you.”Thank you to the 12 jurors who listened attentively and critically, during long days of testimony, then deliberated with …Read more
In 2015, nearly 200 countries signed a historic agreement in Paris that established the world’s first truly global plan to tackle climate change. Now, three years later, there’s still a significant gap between current country emissions reductions pledges and what’s needed to limit global temperature rise. In response, leaders from businesses, local governments, higher education, and communities are coming together to establish domestic coalitions in support of climate action.Read more
Carrefour’s announcement that they are going cage-free is just one of many animal welfare successes HSI has had in Brazil. Above, chickens at a cage-free facility. Photo by David Paul Morris/For The HSUS
Brazil, one of the world’s largest economies and the fifth largest nation by population, has become an important focus for animal advocates over the last several decades. The result has been a growing awareness of animal issues and noteworthy progress in regard to animal welfare. . . .
The post Carrefour, Brazil’s leading food retailer, goes cage-free in latest of HSI successes there appeared first on A Humane Nation.
- Carrefour, Brazil’s leading food retailer, goes cage-free in latest of HSI successes there – Enclosure
- That’s Not Cool: Farm groups petition USDA on Country of Origin Labeling
- That’s Not Cool: Farm groups petition USDA on Country of Origin Labeling – Enclosure